South African Tourism needed to develop a brand that would capture the essence of the experience, and not merely present another destination.
- Create a campaign that brings to life the newly created brand essence, “The break that breaks new ground.” Extend this to a marketing proposition and use brand functional and emotional benefits to substantiate the claim in a creative campaign concept.
- Manage a global marketing / advertising team from around the world for maximum insight and localized execution.
- Myriad created the Discovery Campaign for global TV/cinema, print, outdoor and digital media
- The campaign showed exact latitude and longitude coordinates in South Africa, where the traveler and destination also meet in an emotional, ground-breaking experience. The tagline reminds us that South Africa is a country that has made the impossible… possible. And that what the traveler thought was impossible is indeed, possible
- A comprehensive plan was created to integrate message, media and audience. All touch points were analyzed to gain maximum impact, globally and regionally
- 14% annual growth in US travel to South Africa
- 10% increase in first-time visitors
- Highest number of third quarter foreign tourist arrivals in South Africa’s history
- Increase in the number of nights spent by travelers
Global Tourism Branding