Macau wanted to showcase its culture and entertainment to North American travelers.
- Develop an event program that would meet the needs of the Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) while also working collaboratively with three rival casino organizations
- Promote Macau as a destination with a variety of experiences, including both Chinese and Portuguese cultures.
- Coordinate all aspects of the event, including casino involvement, exhibit installations, travel logistics, shipment of materials, schedule of events, public relations and advertising.
- One central location in Las Vegas, Fashion Show Mall, was contracted to provide space for an opening press event and live consumer shows throughout the week. Over 100 performers, artists and representatives of MGTO traveled to Las Vegas for the event. The Venetian hotel hosted a unique exhibit of Macanese contemporary art in The Colonnade adjacent to the hotel lobby, Wynn Las Vegas hosted two virtuoso piano concerts and MGM Grand hosted a photo exhibit of Macau Special Events at Studio Walk. To increase consumer awareness while also building a database, the ‘Win a Trip to Macau’ sweepstakes was established.
- First destination promotion of this type in Las Vegas with three competing casino partners
- Over 50 media from the U.S. attended the launch of “Macau Week” and its events
- Macau received media coverage in a variety of outlets including television, print and web
- Macau was exposed to thousands of tourists and locals in Las Vegas